The purpose of the Academic Success Plan is to develop effective engagement and classroom management plans and how they would be implemented in the classrooms.
For this benchmark assignment, develop the Academic Success Plan for a grade level of your choice based on the “Class Profile.” Prior assignments can be used based on instructor feedback, for this benchmark. The Academic Success Plan will be completed in two parts and include the following elements:
Part 1: Classroom Management Plan
In 250-500 words, create a classroom management plan, including an introduction and a purpose statement explaining the reasons for creating the plan.
Describe in the plan:
- How to motivate and engage collaboration among peers
- How students will be guided to stay on task and organized in their work
- The resources and support inside and outside the classroom
- How a functioning learning environment will be established
- How to ensure the classroom expectations and procedures are in place
- How data is related to student behaviors and responses will be collected and used to inform classroom-management practices
Part 2: Communication Management Plan
In 500-750 words, address the following prompts to create your communication management plan. Your communication management plan must address the following:
- How to communicate with, establish, and maintain positive relationships with families in order to establish positive school-home relations
- How to make the connection from school to home to promote positive relationships regarding professional decisions and actions that maintain educational equity in order to establish a safe learning community for students
- Access students and families will have to technology and how to use technology in a safe, productive, and positive environment
- An overall intent to establish a collaborative, learning environment that integrates families, colleagues, and professionals to create a positive, student-centered, supportive learning environment that fosters the growth of students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
Support your plan with three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
COE Program Competencies:
1.3: Candidates identify techniques to establish a learning environment that maintains learners’ attention by actively engaging students in managing resources of time and space, and fostering respectful ways of communication and safe interactions through the inclusion of expectations, values, and routines. [ACEI 1.0; InTASC 3(k), 3(d), 3(e), 3(f), 3(i), 3(l), 3(q)]
5.2 Candidates continually evaluate the effects of their professional decisions and actions on students, families and other professionals in the learning community and actively seek out opportunities to grow professionally and align practices with laws related to educational equity. [ACEI 5.1; InTASC 9(a), 9(b), 9(c), 9(d), 9(e), 9(j), 9(k); ISTE-T 4b, 4d, 5a, 5c; MC3]
5.3: Candidates establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with families, school colleagues, other professionals, and agencies in the larger community to promote the intellectual, social, emotional, physical growth and well-being of children. [ACEI 5.2; InTASC 1(c), 1(k), 1(j), 10(a), 10(b), 10(d), 10(e), 10(f), 10(i), 10(j), 10(k), 10(n), 10(o), 10(q), 10(r); ISTE-T 3b, 3c, 5b, 5d; MC2]