AMBA 630 Week 9
1. If Premier maintains its rule about dropping products with a mark-on below 25%, which additional products, if any, will it drop?
2. If you decide to drop additional product(s), recalculate the allocation rate for the new product mix. Keep repeating Question 1 until you reach a conclusion. What is that conclusion? Is there a pattern emerging in the order in which products are being dropped?
3. The firm allocates only variable product costs to each product based on direct labor hours. What is the contribution margin for each product? Which product or products should the company produce if it wants to maximize the contribution margin for all of the products it produces? What would be the impact on profits? How accurate is this method of allocating costs? If Premier stopped producing some products in its product line of tennis rackets, what might happen to the demand for the surviving products?
NOTE: A product's contribution margin is its selling price minus its variable cost per unit.
4. What would happen if the firm modified its costing system so that all variable costs were traced to the product accurately, but fixed costs were allocated using the existing system? Compute the cost for each product using this allocation process. What would be the impact on profits? How accurate is this method of allocating costs?
5. What would happen if the firm modified its costing system so that it contained two cost pools, one containing the overhead costs associated with Products A and B and the other overhead costs associated with Products C and D, and then allocated these overhead pools on the basis of direct labor hours? Compute the cost for each product using this allocation process. What would be the impact on profits? How accurate is this method of allocating costs?
6. Under what conditions would direct labor hours accurately allocate Premier's indirect costs to its four products? What are the characteristics of a cost accounting system that accurately allocates a company's fixed and variable indirect costs to its products?
7. Tom Arnold was hired to find accurate costs and a method of allocating that allows decisions to improve profitability. Compare the profits and accuracy of all cost allocation schemes based on Tom Arnold's initial reason for being hired.
8. Do the company costing systems cause a problem?
9. What is the purpose of a cost allocation system?
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.