What is Orientalism? What aspects of colonialism inspired Orientalism? How has it affected art, both in terms of how the subject matter was portrayed by the artist and in the ways the work has been viewed? When discussing how the works are viewed take into consideration how artist wanted their works viewed, how the art was actually viewed when it was created, and finally how we, as modern viewers see it?
2. How important was Napoleon Bonaparte’s use of art as propaganda and censorship in the rise and consolidation of his power? Choose two pieces of art commissioned by Napoleon (does not have to be from chapter 18) that support your argument of his use of art propaganda. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece. Refer to each piece at least three times when composing your statements.
3. Define the Protestant Reformation and the Counter Reformation. How did these two movements affect art? Choose one piece during the Reformation and one piece created during the Counter Reformation and compare and contrast the two pieces. Be sure to point out changes in style between the two periods. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece if known.
4. Discuss the ways in which the movement toward Realism in art reflected the social and political concerns of the nineteenth century. Choose one piece of art created in the Realism period that supports your argument. List the title, artist, date, and medium. How does this piece reveal the concerns that you mentioned in the first part of the question? Give at least three examples.
5. Compare Neoclassicism and Romanticism as two cultural expressions of mid-eighteenth to mid-nineteenth century Europe. You must discuss the political atmosphere in both periods and how it affected art. Choose one piece of art from the Neoclassical period and one from the Romantic period that support your claim. List the title, artist, date, and medium of each piece. Refer to each of these pieces in at least three instances for this purpose.
6. Neither of these works was meant to be exhibited in a museum case for an art-loving public seeking a cultural experience. Both took on their primary meaning in the process of the performance of a cultural ritual. Discuss the ways in which an understanding of the ritual context of each is necessary if we are to grasp their cultural meanings for those who made them and saw them in use. And finally, how did they end up in museums?
7. The horrific violence of war and political oppression has been eloquently expressed by many artists throughout the history of art. Discuss the political circumstances that led to the creation of these two examples and assess how they relate to the styles of the artists and their time. Who was the audience for these works? Be sure to list artist, medium, and date of each.
Get Online Essay Writing with Homework Market
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Homework Market Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.