Evidence-based practice begins with identifying a clinical problem. All of us have seen things in our workplaces that we think should be done differently. Gathering evidence for this potential solution, though, requires creating a PICO question to narrow the search and help you find relevant articles that support your solution.
The assignments in this course will help you go through this process to arrive at a solution to a selected problem and to present this entire process in the Unit 7 assignment.
For this assignment, you will select a topic and PICO question from the list below. This will be the problem and solution you will research throughout the rest of the assignments.
· For novice nurses, does a nurse mentorship program increase nurse retention compared with no mentorship?
· For the pre-surgical patient, does the addition of music therapy to the current standard of care decrease anxiety compared with no intervention?
· In the acute care setting, does the implementation of a nurse-led rounding program compared to no rounding program decrease patient falls?
2. Search the literature using the keywords and find 3 articles that address the problem which is the focus of your PICO question. For instance, in question #1, the problem is nurse-retention.
Find articles that address the PROBLEM ONLY, not the solution. You are finding evidence that this is a problem. Search techniques are discussed in Unit 2. Also, the Library tab has tutorials about the search engines. Finally, use the article “7 Steps to the Perfect PICO Search White Paper” Download “7 Steps to the Perfect PICO Search White Paper” referenced previously as a guide.
3. For this paper, identify the problem (NOT the solution!) and address the following:
· Scope of the problem (Who has the problem and how widespread is the problem?)
· Significance of the problem (costs, safety, outcomes?)
· Significance of the problem to nursing: How is the problem significant to nursing? How does the problem negatively affect nursing practice?
Support your ideas with the articles you found. These articles should be less than five (5) years old. They should not be from the Web, but from the library databases. Use narrative format, except for your PICO table as shown above.
· Include an APA cover page, a reference page, and in-text citations.
· 3 professional references are required.
· These articles must be from peer-reviewed professional journals.
· Use an opening and closing paragraph. This paper should be 250-300 words.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.