The proposal should outline your project ideas, following the guidelines in the Syllabus. You are promoting it for others to endorse and support. Therefore, it should convince your reader that you want to do it, that you know why and for whom it’s important, and you understand how it may demonstrate your leadership abilities and develop them more. Three-page limit suggested.
Please note that the “Leadership In Action” and Experiential Network options usually provide for the most leader-to-follower and leader-to-client interactions. They are often more meaningful because of these opportunities to interact and practice communication and leadership. If you propose a Consulting Case, be certain that you have direct access to people in the organization you wish to study, and in other companies in related industries, so that you can have many opportunities for person-to-person observations and interactions.
1. Your name and project title
1. Project description: What do you want to do? Why?
1. Option selected: Leadership in Action, or Consulting Case, or Experiential Network?
1. Relevance: How will this meet MSL Capstone Project requirements?
1. Project Impact: You are a leader. Who do you want this project to impact, or benefit? How? Why?
1. What are the leadership concepts or models or theories that you want to use and practice?
1. Who do you hope to interact with, in addition to classmates and the professor, who will provide visible examples of how they lead and manage, from which you can learn?
1. Who do you hope to interact with, in addition to classmates and the professor, who may give you objective and critical feedback about your leadership skills and practices?
1. What are the biggest Project challenges or obstacles that you anticipate at this time?
1. What fact-finding and research do you believe, at this point, will be necessary for you to be successful with your Capstone Project?
1. If successful, how may the Capstone benefit your career goals?
1. Why are you interested or excited about this Project choice and opportunity? Why is it important to you?
Do not use this list as a “fill in the blank” questionnaire. Instead, use your skills to communicate clearly (good organization) and creatively, to engage the professor and others and “sell” them on your great idea for a great Capstone Project that will allow you to use, practice, and demonstrate your leadership knowledge and ability.