Practicing your social work skills through role-play scenario is an essential part of a social work education. This is an opportunity to make mistakes and learn before interacting with vulnerable clients and unintentionally causing harm. Role-play assists you in identifying the areas where you are strong, as well as the areas where you might need improvement.
In this Assignment, you demonstrate skills related to engagement. You are encouraged to practice your engagement skills before recording yourself because practice encourages improvement. However, the video is not expected to be a perfect recording. Real life is not as polished as it may appear in film or television. Stumbling over a word or having to clarify a sentence is a place to demonstrate genuineness and warmth. The goal of recording yourself is to demonstrate current practice skills. You share your video with colleagues in order to have opportunities to learn from one another over the next few weeks. It is now time to record your role-play scenario!
By Day 7
Submit a client system role-play video and the Client Systems Role-Play Script Template. There are two parts to this Assignment.
PART A: Client System Role-Play Video
Role-Play Video (5–8 minutes)
Record a role-play video that demonstrates engagement skills. You take on the role of the social worker, while a friend, family member, or colleague takes on the role of the client. Although this is a role-play scenario, you should demonstrate your professionalism in demeanor, appearance, and behavior. Please dress professionally and ensure you have a quiet place to record without interruptions. Your video role-play should include:
· A demonstration of the interaction between you, as the social work intern, and the client system you selected that reflects the Engagement step in the Generalist Intervention Model. The scene should include the following:
· Demonstrating effective attending skills
· Discussing agency services and client expectations
· Deciding if the agency and worker can help
· Offering agency and worker services to the client
· Orienting the client to the helping process, including:
· A discussion of confidentiality
· A discussion of a social work intern’s role
Using the same Role-Play Script Template provided this week, provide a detailed script that includes verbatim dialogue, identifies non-verbal communication, and identifies practice skills/behaviors used. In the required transcript, include:
· A description of the fictional agency setting and types of services provided at this agency
· A description of the client system (depending on the client level you selected—micro, mezzo, or macro)
· An explanation of the presenting concern
· A description of the client session scene in which you implement the GIM step and practice skills you have selected for working with this client system
· A verbatim script of the dialogue, which depicts the techniques you would use to implement the GIM step and the practice skills you selected for the client interaction (column 1 in the template), that occurs between you, as the social work intern, and the client(s)
· A description of the visual cues or non-verbal communication that both the social worker and the client exhibited during the interaction that support the GIM step and practice skills you selected (column 2 in the template)
· An identification of specific practice techniques/skills demonstrated (column 3 in the template)
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.