Essay Portion Study Guide
Psych 120, Spring 2019
1. What are aphantasia (and hyperphantasia), and why are they interesting to conceptualization researchers? What sort of information have we already discovered through studying aphantasia? Discuss TWO experiments we covered in class that could be re-examined in an aphantasic population, and why they would contribute to a greater understanding of cognition.
2. How do we recognize and categorize objects? Trace the processes involved with object recognition and categorization, discussing all possibilities covered for how we can do this. Lastly, provide TWO pieces of evidence in support of those various possibilities.
3. What is the dual visual system theory and what does it have to do with consciousness and cognition? Provide TWO pieces of evidence (neurological or behavioral) supporting the dual visual system theory. Next, discuss how those same TWO pieces of evidence might actually not support the dual visual system theory.
4. How do video games impact cognition? Are all video games equal in their benefits or detriments to various cognitive activities? Provide TWO pieces of evidence that video games can benefit cognition and discuss why they are beneficial. Lastly, discuss how video game “interventions” might be used to help certain populations.
5. How does learning (knowledge, language, culture) impact cognition? What is the relationship between predictive processing models, embodied cognition, and learning? Discuss TWO pieces of evidence that embodiment of concepts is most important during learning.
6. What is the replacement hypothesis and what is a dynamic system? How do dynamic systems relate to complexity science? Explain TWO cognitive processes using dynamic systems or complexity theory. Why is replacement thought of as the most “radical” form of embodied cognition and the most strongly opposed to standard cognitive science?
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Homework Market Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.