Read the 9 mini-case study series from the Project Management Institute on the Global Green Books Publishing company before starting this assignment.
Write a paper in which you Cover the following points:
1. Describe at least three challenges that project managers face as effective risk managers at Global Green Books Publishing and provide a rationale for your choices.
These are the most common challenges (Hilson, ch 2)
· Influences to expand scope – scope creep
· Organization culture – risk management is too expensive
· Leadership mindset – solve risk when they occur – good leaders deal with the unexpected all the time
· Operational approach – everyone’s too busy to deal with risk planning
· Team members mentality – risk planning is just common sense
2. Identify at least three key skills/competencies project managers need to be effective risk managers at Global Green Books Publishing and provide a rationale for your choices.
Be sure and consider the following:
· Communicating – listening and responding to all stakeholders
· Leading – ensures that all team members are motivated and skilled to accomplish their role
· Manifest Cognitive ability – addresses conflicts and resolves issues, knows which PM knowledge tool to use when
· Professional – handles challenging situations with integrity and stays focused on the project’s objectives.
· Manages – keeps project plan on schedule and meets goals while documenting variations from plan
· Effectiveness – implements risk plan, keeps stakeholders engaged and adapts pace as deemed best
3. Describe at least three risk challenges that team member’s faces when dealing with risks at Global Green Books Publishing and provide a rationale for your choices. Be sure and identify which are issues, problems, causes and effects.( Hilson text pg 31)
4. Identify at least three skills/competencies that team members need in order to be effective in identifying and managing risks at Global Green Books Publishing and provide a rationale for your choices.
Keep the following in mind:
· Actively watch for issues
· Be flexible to adapt to risk required changes/challenges
· Communicate any variance from plan/budget to the PM
· Be selfless in accepting the project goals and setting aside your own
· Keep the stakeholders in focus since they will ultimately use the output of the project
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The links to the 9 mini case studies:
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.