Write a 5-page analysis of your care setting that supports the development of a strategic plan and includes both the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project and a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis of the care setting.
Identifying analysis techniques for assessing competitive advantage is important for building health care strategy. Sustaining health care competitive advantage requires that leaders understand environmental demands to assist with minimizing weakness and threats from the external environment. This assessment provides you with an opportunity to examine your health care environment to determine whether what is being accomplished in your organization, department, team, community project, or other care setting is making a positive difference.
Note: You will use the results of this analysis to develop a strategic plan in Assessment 2.
You have been asked to conduct an analysis of your care setting that will result in two potential pathways toward a strategic plan to improve health care quality and safety in your organization, department, team, community project, or other care settings. To accomplish this, you will take two approaches to the analysis:
1. Complete the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project.
2. Conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
To help ensure that your analysis is well-received, the requester has suggested that you:
· Present your analysis results in four parts:
. Part 1: Appreciative Inquiry Discovery and Dream.
. Part 2: SWOT Analysis.
. Part 3: Comparison of Approaches.
. Part 4: Analysis of Relevant Leadership Characteristics and Skills.
· Your analysis should be 5-pages in length. APA format, 3-5 scholarly source
· Synthesize stories and evidence about times when a care setting performed at its best with regard to quality and safety goals.
. Collect stories from your care setting. You may collect stories through interviews or conversations with colleagues or provide your own.
. Explain how your stories are related to quality and safety goals.
. Describe the evidence you have that substantiates your stories.
. Identify the positive themes reflected in your stories.
. Describe other evidence (for example data, awards, accreditations) that validates your care setting’s positive core.
· Propose positive, yet attainable, quality and safety improvement goals for your care setting.
. Explain how accomplishing these goals will lead to ethical and culturally sensitive improvements in quality and safety.
. Explain how your proposed goals align with your care setting’s mission, vision, and values.
· Conduct a SWOT analysis of your care setting, with respect to quality and safety goals.
. Provide a narrative description of your analysis.
. Identify the assessment tool you used as the basis of your analysis.
. Describe your key findings and their relationships to quality and safety goals.
· Describe one area of concern that you identified in your SWOT analysis—relevant to your care setting’s mission, vision, and values—for which you would propose pursuing improvements.
. Explain how this area of concern relates to your care setting’s mission, vision, and values.
. Explain why you believe it will be necessary and valuable to pursue improvements related to this area of concern.
Compare the AI and SWOT approaches to analysis and reflect on the results.
· Describe your mindset when examining your care setting from an AI perspective and from a SWOT perspective.
· Describe the types of data and evidence you searched for when taking an AI approach and a SWOT approach.
· Describe the similarities and differences between the two approaches when communicating and interacting with colleagues.
Analyze the leadership characteristics and skills most desired in the person leading potential performance improvement projects, taking both an AI and SWOT approach.
· Explain how these characteristics and skills would help a leader facilitate a successful AI-based project and a successful SWOT-based project.
· Comment on any shared characteristics or skills you identified as helpful for both AI and SWOT approaches.
· Communicate professionally when conducting interviews and collecting data.
· Write clearly, with professionalism and respect for stakeholders and colleagues.
· Integrate relevant sources of evidence to support your assertions.
. Cite at least 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence.
. Include relevant interview information.
· Format your document using APA style. Use the APA style. Be sure to include:
. A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
. A running head on all pages.
. Appropriate section headings.
. Properly formatted citations and references.
· Proofread your writing to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult to focus on the substance of your analysis.
Get Assignment Help Services from Homework Market
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Homework Market Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.