COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNTING CYCLE PROBLEM
For the past several years, Emily Page has operated a part-time consulting business from her home. As of June 1, 2010, Emily decided to move to rented quarters and tooperate the business, which was to be known as Bottom Line Consulting, on a full-timebasis. Bottom Line Consulting entered into the following transactions during June:
June 1. The following assets were received from Emily Page: cash, $20,000; accounts receivable, $4,500; supplies, $2,000; and office equipment, $11,500. There were no liabilities received.
1. Paid three months’ rent on a lease rental contract, $6,000.
2. Paid the premiums on property and casualty insurance policies, $2,400.
4. Received cash from clients as an advance payment for services to be provided and recorded it as
unearned fees, $2,700.
5. Purchased additional office equipment on account from Office Depot Co., $3,500.
6. Received cash from clients on account, $3,000.
10. Paid cash for a newspaper advertisement, $200.
12. Paid Office Depot Co. for part of the debt incurred on June 5, $750.
12. Recorded services provided on account for the period June 1–12, $5,100.
14. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks’ salary, $1,100.
17. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned during the period June 1–16, $6,500.
18. Paid cash for supplies, $750.
20. Recorded services provided on account for the period June 13–20, $3,100.
24. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period June 17–24, $5,150.
26. Received cash from clients on account, $6,900.
27. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks’ salary, $1,100.
29. Paid telephone bill for June, $150.
30. Paid electricity bill for June, $400.
30. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period June 25–30, $2,500.
30. Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of June, $1,000.
30. Emily withdrew $5,000 for personal use.
1. Journalize each transaction in a two-column journal, referring to the following chartof accounts in selecting the accounts to be debited and credited. (Do not insert theaccount numbers in the journal at this time.)
11 Cash 31 Emily Page, Capital
12 Accounts Receivable 32 Emily Page, Drawing
14 Supplies 41 Fees Earned
15 Prepaid Rent 51 Salary Expense
16 Prepaid Insurance 52 Rent Expense
18 Office Equipment 53 Supplies Expense
19 Accumulated Depreciation 54 Depreciation Expense
21 Accounts Payable 55 Insurance Expense
22 Salaries Payable 59 Miscellaneous Expense
23 Unearned Fees
2. Post the journal to a ledger of four-column accounts.
3. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
4. At the end of June, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to
complete parts (5) and (6).
a. Insurance expired during June is $200.
b. Supplies on hand on June 30 are $650.
c. Depreciation of office equipment for June is $250.
d. Accrued receptionist salary on June 30 is $220.
e. Rent expired during June is $2,000.
f. Unearned fees on June 30 are $1,875.
5. Enter the unadjusted trial balance on an end-of-period spreadsheet (work sheet) and complete the
6. Journalize and post the adjusting entries.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement, a statement of owner’s equity, and a balance sheet.
9. Prepare and post the closing entries. (Income Summary is account #33 in the chart of accounts.)
Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry.
10. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.