You are the HR manager of a hospital and have noticed that performance has become lower among a few employees after COVID-19. Although the organization has made changes to make sure employees feel safe and can do their work, some employees are still not responding as expected.
Dr. Hassan who has been at the hospital for twenty years used to be one of the most engaged and motivated employees at the hospital. He was the first to arrive and the last to leave. He usually worked extra time when needed. He was attentive and communicative but now he seems distant. During the last few months Dr. Hassan has been absent at least twice a week.
Kareem, who has been with the hospital for five years and works as the director of the finance department, was always enthusiastic and encouraged his employees to become better. Since the pandemic started, Kareem has become hostile to employees and peers. He is constantly arguing about excessive expenses and blaming the nursing department for not caring about the organization’s success.
Amal, who is the director of the nursing department, has worked with the hospital for three years. She was a very kind employee and nurse. She enjoyed helping others and was very proud of the job she did. During the last six months, specifically, Amal has been moody and irritable. She evades employees and patients and when she must face them, she mistreats them and then blames them for her behavior saying they are the ones mistreating her.
Using a situational leadership approach, answer the following:
1. How can a situational leadership approach help you change behaviors and enhance performance?
a. What is situational leadership
b. Situational Leadership and Changing Behaviors
c. Situational Leadership and Enhancing Performance
2. Explain potential reasons for the behavior of the employees Dr. Hassan and how these behaviors might impact the workplace culture.
3. Explain potential reasons for the behavior of the employees Kareem and how these behaviors might impact the workplace culture.
4. Explain potential reasons for the behavior of the employees Amal and how these behaviors might impact the workplace culture.
5. Select one of the employees and explain what leadership styles you could utilize to address the employee’s behavior.
· Be 5 pages in length (double-spaced), which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
· Use academic writing standards APA 7th edition style guidelines.
· Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three current, scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Current articles are those published in the last five years.
· Demonstrates substantial and extensive knowledge of the materials, with no errors or major omissions.
· Provides strong thought, insight, and analysis of concepts and applications
· Sources go above and beyond required criteria and are well chosen to provide effective substance and perspectives on the issue under examination
· Project is clearly organized, well written, and in proper format as outlined in the assignment. Strong sentence and paragraph structure, contains no errors in grammar, spelling APA 7th edition style, or APA 7th edition citations and references.
· Use a standard essay format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion)
· Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
· I would like to see more depth for the question
· Responses must be submitted as a MS Word Document only, typed double-spaced, using a standard font (i.e. Times New Roman) and 12 point type size.
· Plagiarism All work must be free of any form of plagiarism.
Written answers into your own words. Do not simply cut and paste your answers from the Internet and do not copy your answers from the textbook
Title of Your Paper is Needed Here Comment by Vanessa Claus: Restate the title of your paper here, please. Comment by Vanessa Claus: NOTE: This is what an Introduction must include- Academic essays should begin with an introduction, but do not begin your paper with an “Introduction” heading. The introduction will provide readers with the context necessary for understanding your argument and the body of your paper. When composing the introduction, think about what context or background information the reader would benefit from knowing. Once your context is established, transition from that context into your thesis statement. The thesis statement generally comes at the end of your introduction and usually consists of a few sentences that sum up the argument for your paper overall. Thesis statements should also provide a roadmap for the reader so that they can navigate through the ideas present in the rest of your paper.
In this section, you need to introduce your readers to details about your paper. As you have read, in the Critical Thinking Assignment directions, there are various issues at the hospital concerning the performance of Dr. Hassan, Kareem, and Amal. Therefore, for this introductory paragraph/section, you should provide information about the scenario (briefly) and then discuss details about situational leadership.
As with all introductions, you should introduce your readers to the content discussed in your paper (specifically focusing on the three assignment requirements). For example, you could write, “Throughout this paper, the following topics will be explored: _________.” Use in-text citations to support your points, please. Additionally, please ensure that you include a well-written and well-developed thesis statement.
Situational Leadership Comment by Vanessa Claus: Note: Headers are useful for organizing your paper. Level 1 headers are used with broad or general topics in your paper. Depending on the topic, length, and genre of your assignment, you might use only Level 1 headers. Level 1 headers should be bolded and centered. The longer and more complex your argument is, the more you might benefit from using Level 2 and Level 3 headers. Level 2 headers should be bolded and aligned with the left margin. Level 3 headers should be bolded, italicized, and aligned with the left margin. Level 4 and Level 5 headers exist, but they should only be used in manuscripts with many topics and subtopics. If you choose to use headers in your paper, you should have at least two sections for each level of header. For more information on how to use headings in your paper, see the APA Style website.
In this section, you need to provide details about the situational leadership approach. Although, in your introduction, you introduced your readers to the situational leadership approach, you need to provide more details about situational leadership. Specifically, please focus on how using the situational leadership approach can help modify behaviors and improve performance among the three employees. Remember to use in-text citations to support your points.
Situational Leadership and Changing Behaviors Comment by Vanessa Claus: To make the process of structuring your paper easier, consider breaking down the information about situational leadership into two subheadings.
Situational Leadership and Enhancing Performance
Behaviors Explained and the Impact of the Behaviors
As we know, every employee can impact an organization for better or for worse. Therefore, in this section, explain information about how the behaviors of the employees can impact the organization and detail information about why the employees might be displaying these behaviors (e.g., stressed out, feeling overworked, psychological issues, etc.). Consider breaking down the information offered into subheadings.
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.