Earnest Personal growth
Deliverable 3 – Self-Management Competency
Create individual strategies for self-management.
You are a newly promoted manager for one of the business units in your organization. As such, you need to consider how to manage yourself before you can really manage others. You need to think about what your personal and professional stress levels are–what might be the breaking points between succeeding and failing? How can I manage that stress? What emotions come to light that could be viewed as positive or negative? How else can I get my message across?
Based on your evaluation of your individual tendencies, you have decided to prepare a self-management plan. You need to include the following in your plan document:
- What are some early warning signs that you should be aware of to avoid a setback?
- What are some negative or positive beliefs about worrying or failing you need to consider?
- What situational problems are there to consider? (i.e. deadlines, exams, large groups of people, public speaking)
- What does your future support system look like? (i.e. mentors, coaches, professionals, groups, associations, etc.)
- What techniques or strategies are needed to help overcome these challenges? Choose three and explain how they will help overcome your discussed challenges