English homework help
Instructions: Answer all questions with a short in a short paragraph or two
- How does Hobbes understand the state of nature and why is it important for his theory of the state?
- What is Grotius’ understanding of natural law and why is it important for thinking about international law?
- The emergence of public European law is tied to consent and practice. Discuss what these refer to and their importance for applicability of natural law.
- Discuss the important elements to liberalism and their significance for restraining state violence.
- What is Kant’s point in the disclaimer to Perpetual Peace? What do you think he is trying to say about the relationship between theory and practice?
- Why does every state have to have a republican constitution in Perpetual Peace?
- Discuss why Marx’s views in the Communist Manifesto reflect the globalization of capital?