Answer in complete sentences
Chapter Lecture Activity
1. Explain Erikson’s stage of Identity vs. Role Confusion. How can you identify with this stage (either currently or in your past)?
2. Explain Erikson’s stage Intimacy vs. Isolation. How can you identify with this stage?
3. What is Emerging Adulthood? What are some factors that have contributed to this new stage of development? Do you agree with its addition? Why or why not?
4. Read the article and review the material within this link https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-eye-contact-baby-synchronise-brainwaves.html
5. Write a summary of all of the material within the folder you choose. Write from a scientific perspective. Do NOT include personal feelings or religion. (300 words minimum)
6. In addition to your summary, use the following sentence stems to write this portion.
I did not know …
I was surprised to learn …
It is amazing that …
7. Using information discussed in your text, explain why using concrete rewards to increase adaptive behaviors could be disadvantageous for children who are intrinsically motivated to learn.
8. Explain the importance, as you see it, of knowing that sexual motivation and sexual ability are located in different parts of the brain. What can we do with this knowledge?
9. The index that is often used to classify people as belonging to various weight groups is called BMI. Give that BMI is calculated solely on weight and height how could it be misleading? What are some implications (in medical and insurance fields, for example) of using this measure. What type of measure might be better?
10. Follow the link “Motivation and Needs Assessment” and click “Take the test” (this should take less than 30 min) https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/tests/personality/motivation-needs-test
11. Copy and paste you snapshot report
12. Did your results surprise you? Do you agree with the results? Why or why not? Explain what you think the results mean? (minimum 200 words)
13. For each of the three attitude items below, indicate your response on a scale of 1 to 5
(1=strongly disagree; 5=strongly agree).
1.Poverty in our country is a serious problem.
2.Pollution is one of the biggest issues confronting today’s world.
3.Freedom of speech is one of the most important rights that we have as Americans.
14. Answer the following:
a.Do you personally do anything to lessen poverty in our country (e.g., donate money to a shelter or charitable organization)? Why or why not?
b. Do you personally do anything to lessen pollution (e.g., vote for “green” political representatives, support recycling in your community, make fewer trips in your car)? Why or why not?
c.Do you personally exercise your freedom of speech (e.g., actively participate in town meetings/protests, vote in every election for which you are eligible, write to your congressional representative)? Why or why not?
15. Decide which of the following is an act of aggression (please read in your text about aggression and what an actual “act” of aggression would be):
•A wolf kills a rabbit and eats it.
•A person thinks about different ways to hurt a co-worker but never does anything.
•A father is upset with his son and chooses not to send to him a birthday card on his birthday.
Tell me why.
16. Attitudes have 3 components: cognitive, affective, and behavioral. Come up with a central idea (such as “I love chocolate cake.”) and then describe each of the three components (that is, identify the cognitive aspect, identify the affective aspect, and identify the behavioral aspect).
17 . Follow the link “Implicit Associations Test,” read the “preliminary information” page and click “I wish to proceed” at the bottom. https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
18. Choose one of the associations located on the left side of the screen. Complete the IAT (this should take 5-10 min)
19. Which association did you choose? What were your results? Do you feel this is accurate? Why or why not?
– What is the difference between stereotype and prejudice?
– Have you ever been stereotyped, either positively or negatively? Tell me about it
THE TEXTBOOK IS PSYCHOLOGY
AUTHOR- ROSE SPIELMAN
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.