For the essay, you are to answer one of the questions listed below. The essay should be typewritten, double spaced and should be 3-4 pages. Put your name on the back of the last page. Use class definitions to define terms or points will be deducted from your grade. Research is not necessary. The class materials( the text, handouts and class notes) should provide you with sufficient information for answering the question. Cite at least one item from the reading assignments.
1. Are workers who are the majority of the population better served by the U.S government than the rich? Explain. Cite specific examples and government policies that illustrate your arguments. Counter the ideas of one who would disagree with you. Discuss and tie your arguments to government funding of public K-12 schools and community colleges.
2. Were people to organize and create much stronger labor unions, impose heavier rates of taxation on the rich while lowering the taxes imposed on all others, significantly raise the minimum wage, force the adoption of government policies that guarantee free higher education and health care for all, and address environmental problems, would the U.S be a more democratic country? Explain. Be sure to define democracy and discuss the impact the above proposals would have on the characteristics of democracy. You may want to take into account the policies of the Trump administration.
3. Place at the top of your essay three or more amendments you would add to the Constitution that would make the U.s. a more democratic country. After reading your essay, the reader should be convinced that your proposals would result in advancing democracy. Be sure to discuss the meaning of democracy and, where relevant, how its characteristics would be more fully realized. If you propose eliminating the electoral college system, spell out in detail its replacement and how it would work, and explain how this proposal would advance democracy. If your proposal is for the winner to be the candidate who gets the most votes, addresses the issue of that candidate possibly receiving less than 35% of the vote in a race with many candidates.
4. Do the current conditions in the U.S reflect the characteristics of democracy? Explain. Describe the characteristics of democracy and discuss to what extent that are the current practices of the U.S. You must discuss how power is distributed in a democracy and how it is distributed in the U.S. Address the issue of the quantity of power exercised by the rich and corporations, especially in comparison to the amount held by working people, the majority of the population. Does this pose a problem for democracy in the U.S? Do businesses seeking to maximize profits undermine democracy? (Don’t discuss elite and popular democracy.)
5. Does voting make a significant difference in what happens in the U.S. and in determining who has power in the government and in other institutions such as corporations? Is voting a means by which the majority of the population can shape the direction of society and U.S. government policies? Do the choices on the ballot reflect a wide range of views? Should people vote? why/why not?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.