Portfolio Critique Using Morningstar.com
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in the United States and in major international markets and offers an extensive line of Internet, software, and print-based products for individual investors, financial advisors, and institutional clients. Morningstar is a trusted source for insightful information on stocks, mutual funds, variable annuities, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, separate accounts, hedge funds, and 529 college savings plans.
1. Go to www.morningstar.com. Sign up for Premium Membership. You will be able to receive a 14-day free trial. Browse the site to become familiar with everything Morningstar has to offer. Be prepared to participate in classroom discussion and bring your questions if you have any.
2. Go to X-Ray and print the page. Write a portfolio critique.
Use the daily data on the portfolio returns and the market returns (e.g., the S&P 500 index) to estimate a single-index market model. Your analysis should include
(Morningstar automatically will calculate)
1. Standard deviation for each portfolio.
1. Covariance between the rates of return of portfolio and S&P500.
1. The correlation coefficient between each portfolio and S&P500.
1. Run a regression of each portfolio against the market return and find:
(In fact Morningstar will automatically calculate)
0. Alpha for each portfolio.
0. Beta for each portfolio.
0. What is the systematic and nonsystematic risk of the each security?
0. Sharpe Ratio of portfolios
1. Plot the risk and return of each portfolio and draw the efficient frontiers.
1. Identify which portfolio dominates on the efficient frontier.
1. For which portfolio had an average return in excess of that predicated by the CAPM?
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Homework Market Writing Services
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.