2. Using the case examples provided in the learning resources, discuss why professional conduct is important in the social sciences. What are the potential consequences of violating professional codes of conduct both for the violator and those being violated?
3. How can one operate ethically in careers in the social science? What are some of the ethical challenges that you anticipate in your future career? How to do anticipate dealing with those challenges?
Links and Learning Resources
- American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Association for Professional Gerontologists (NAPG)
- Semenkovich, N. (2007, Apr 27). Admissions dean resigns after lying on resume. The Tech, 127(21).
- Goodman, B. (2005, Jun 29). Has scandal taken its toll on Joseph Ellis?
- Zhou, D. (2006, Apr 23). Student’s novel faces plagiarism controversy. The Harvard Crimson.
- Rosalind Franklin: Great Minds (video: 3:45)