Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, it is recommended that you review the recommended resources for this week as they will assist you in the creation of an effective presentation of your Research Design.
This interactive assignment will provide you with an opportunity to create a dynamic presentation of some of the materials you are creating for your Research Proposal. This type of presentation would be used in the professional world to request the Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, and potentially elicit funding, for your research.
In your presentation, summarize the main points and ideas for your Research Design. Over the course of the week, you will have the opportunity to share feedback and suggestions with your classmates and instructor, which may assist you in improving your research proposal before submitting the Research Proposal.
For this interactive assignment, create a presentation file using PowerPoint and then create a three- to five-minute screencast video of your presentation with pertinent audio that includes important points about the content of each slide. In order to make sure your video remains within the 3-5 minute time requirement, create a script for your screencast video. You must attach your script to your initial post. It is recommended you rehearse your presentation using your script to ensure that you are within the time limit and that all pertinent information is presented in a manner that is easy to understand. You may use any screencasting software of your choice (e.g., Screencast-O-Matic, Jing, etc.). A quick-start guide is available for Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for your convenience.
The content of the presentation must include the following:
- A brief introduction
- Devise a specific research question related to the topic you chose in Week One.
- Explain the importance of the topic and research question.
- A brief literature review
- Evaluate published research studies on your topic found during your work on the Weeks One, Two, and Four assignments and identify two relevant published studies.
- A description of potential methods
- Based on what you have learned about research design options and requirements in this course, create an appropriate research approach and design to investigate your research question.
- Provide a rationale for your design choices.
- A discussion on ethical issues
- Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to address these issues.
- A conclusion
- Summarize the main points of the presentation and reiterate why the proposed research is important and why it should be carried out.
In your initial discussion post, introduce your presentation and provide a link to the screencast URL. Be sure to attach your PowerPoint presentation and script documents to your initial post. Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
Apply the scientific method to the research problem(s) presented and comment on the appropriateness of the research question devised. If the question devised does not seem appropriate and researchable, suggest another research question that would apply to this topic. Compare the characteristics of various appropriate research paradigms related to your colleague’s chosen topic and suggest another research method that could be applied to this research question. Provide a rationale that explains how this method may be equally or more appropriate for the research question. Evaluate the ethical implications of the proposed research and suggest other issues your colleague has not mentioned. Provide any other comments to your colleague that may assist him or her in creating a more effective research proposal.
Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post. In your replies to these comments to your initial post either respectfully defend your choices providing supporting information from your research, or explain how you might incorporate the suggested changes into your research proposal. Get Argumentative Essay Writing help now