Directions: Type your article references in APA format and answer the following questions in complete sentences about the article. You do not have to provide in text citations in the answers. (2 points for grammatical issues) APA Reference (9.5 points) Questions (0.5 points each)
Your selected article reference here in APA format:
Critiquing Criteria derived from LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 125-126
1. What is the phenomenon of interest and is it clearly stated for the reader?
2. What is the justification for using a qualitative method?
3. What are the philosophical underpinnings of the research method?
4. What is the purpose of the study?
5. What is the projected significance of the work to nursing?
6. Is the method used to collect data compatible with the purpose of the research?
7. Does the researcher describe data collection strategies (i.e. interview, observation, field notes)?
8. Is protection of human participants addressed?
9. Does the researcher address the credibility, auditability, and fittingness of the data?
10. Can the reader follow the researcher’s thinking?
11. Does the researcher document the research process?
12. Are the findings applicable outside of the study situation?
13. Are the results meaningful to individuals not involved in the research?
15. What are the recommendations for future study?
16. Do the recommendations reflect the findings?
17. How has the researcher made explicit the significance of the study to nursing theory, research, or practice?
Quantitative Research Assignment
Your selected article reference here in APA format
Critiquing Criteria derived from LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 162
18. What is the purpose of the study?
19. What quantitative research design is used?
20. Is the type of design used appropriate?
21. Who is the population?
22. Why was this population chosen?
23. Are the concepts of control consistent with the type of research design chosen?
24. Does the design used seem to reflect consideration of feasibility issues (cost, time, etc).?
25. What is the theoretical framework used?
26. What is the hypothesis?
27. Does the design used seem to flow from the theoretical framework, literature review, and hypothesis?
28. What are the threats to internal validity or sources of bias?
29. What are the controls for the threats to internal validity?
30. What are the threats to external validity (generalizability)?
31. What are the controls for the threats to external validity?
32. Is the design linked to the evidence hierarchy?
33. Are the findings applicable outside of the study situation?
34. Do the conclusions, implications, and recommendations give the reader a context in which to use the findings?
35. What are the recommendations for future study?
36. Do the recommendations reflect the findings?
37. How has the researcher made explicit the significance of the study to nursing theory, research, or practice?