The Fall of the United Monarchy of Israel Assignment
Read the following two passages about the fall of the United Monarchy of Israel:
1 Kings 11-12. 2
Now, perform the following exercises:
- Draw a general timeline of the major historical events of the passages. Be sure to consider only historical events
- that do not require faith to accept as possible. These will serve as your historical facts.
- Now, under each event on your timeline, note where the text suggests the God of Israel intervened in the events of
- history. This will indicate where the authors/editors of the text (re-)interpreted history according to their
- theological lens.
- now that you have parsed the historical events from the theological interpretation of them, consider the following question:
3. Strictly historically speaking: why do you think the United Monarchy failed? Get Nursing Homework Help today