Purpose: To create an ad for a product sold in drugstores that cures or alleviates a condition that most people find uncomfortable talking about, such as hemorrhoids, diarrhea, abdominal gas, or any other touchy subject. To incorporate a visual metaphor to communicate indirectly and symbolically ; avoid direct and/or vulgar messages. The following skills and knowledge are essential to success in your professional life beyond this course:
· Apply any software’s image-editing tools.
· Combine images to create a visual metaphor or symbolic message.
· Express the message using a visual metaphor—a comparison between two ideas that are TOTALLY DIFFERENT, yet share some CHARACTERISTIC IN COMMON.
Task: Create an 8 ½ x 11-inch print ad for a product sold in drugstores that cures or alleviates a condition most people find uncomfortable talking about incorporating a visual metaphor to communicate indirectly and symbolically. All steps are highly unique to your specific project, therefore problem-solving and critical thinking skills are necessary.
1. Please view the PowerPoint lesson “Visual Metaphors and Semiotics,” LinkedIn Learning: “Developing Ideas and Advertising Concepts” with Craig Smallish (Links to an external site.) , and LinkedIn Learning: “Learning Graphic Design: Cropping Photographs” with John McWade (Links to an external site.) before starting this assignment.
2. Decide on a product sold in drugstores or the supermarket’s pharmacy aisle that cures or alleviates a condition most people feel uncomfortable talking about, including, but not limited to hemorrhoids, diarrhea, abdominal gas, or any other touchy subject.
3. Review: a metaphor is a comparison between two things that that are TOTALLY DIFFERENT yet share a CHARACTERISTIC IN COMMON. For example, if your product is a foot odor spray, what non-human thing is associated with unpleasant smell? A skunk? A pile of garbage? A dead fish?
4. The goal is to use a metaphor to express the message INDIRECTLY and SYMBOLICALLY. DO NOT create a direct and/or vulgar message. Do not show the human body or any of its parts. Do not show a toilet, or someone sitting on the toilet. Do not show a before-and-after image, but rather one single strong image. Do not show the happy face or sad face icons. Do not show the “no” symbol.
5. Sketch your idea for the metaphor ad on paper.
6. Search online for images that you might use in your assignment to express your visual metaphor. Save them to your computer. Composite them using image-editing software. This is not a Photoshop class, so I will not grade this assignment on your Photoshop skills, but rather on your concept for the visual metaphor.
7. Be sure to include a small product shot and a short tagline. The metaphor must be the dominant element in the ad, not the product shot. If you can’t find a product shot online, just include a logo, or type the name of the product very prominently. Make your assignment look like a professional ad in a magazine.
8. Save your file, and export a .JPG file. Post a first-draft in the Module 5 Discussion forum for reciprocal, constructive feedback from classmates and instructor.
9. Incorporate any changes suggested by your classmates if you feel it will improve your work, and post a revised draft in the Module 6 Discussion forum, for more reciprocal, constructive feedback.
10. Incorporate any last-minute changes before uploading your final project solution to the Assignment 3 submission button (click “Submit Assignment” above).
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.