Early childhood educators, as well as all other educators, are asked every day to make decisions that come, in one way or another, from assessment. All of these decisions will affect a child’s learning outcomes. In a world where abuse of assessment and charges of misuse run rampant, what exactly are responsible assessment practices, and what do they mean to an early childhood educator?
This Discussion examines responsible assessment and the NAEYC’s position on what constitutes good practice. You will examine your own practice and select assessments that are appropriate for use in the learning environment. You will determine the best uses for these assessments and explain how they should be used and what data they will provide. Selecting the proper assessment instrument is crucial to supporting healthy development and positive learning outcomes in young children.
· Review this module’s Learning Resources and reflect on the material. Pay particular attention to NBPTS Early Childhood Generalist, NAEYC Position Statement, the video How to Observe Children, along with the Jiban (2015), Sparks (2015), and Dennis, Rueter, and Simpson (2013) articles and recommended readings.
· Then, considering the definition of assessment, carefully note the various ways to assess young children while considering your own practice.
Post the following in 2 pgs.:
· In your own words, define “responsible assessment” and provide a rationale for your definition. Support your statements from the assigned readings.
· Identify two elements from the NAEYC position statement that best reflect your personal philosophy regarding assessment and that you believe are of the greatest importance to the field. Explain your selection and support your statements from the assigned readings.
· Then, describe your personal experience with authentic assessment and identify two assessments you use or plan on using in your learning environment.
· Select two assessments that are appropriate for young children from two different age groups (choose from infants, toddlers, preschool, kindergarten, and primary; identify age group selected). Explain your choice of assessments, their use, and how they are developmentally appropriate for the age group selected.
· In addition, explain how these two assessments support healthy development and positive learning outcomes for young children and their families. Do you believe these are culturally responsive assessments? Why or why not?
Note: Cite appropriate references in APA format to substantiate your thinking.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond to two of your colleagues post in 125 words each whose posts reflect different perspectives from your own in the following way:
· Reflect on the readings from this module and explain why you agree with your colleague or not.
· Pose a question asking your colleague to clarify their position on one or more of the elements in their post. Offer constructive feedback on the clarity of their response.
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.