Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?
2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?
a. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed.
b. There is an increased emphasis in controlling employee behavior in the workplace.
c. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective.
d. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments.
e. A manager with good people skills can help create a pleasant workplace.
3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?
a. technical, decisional and interpersonal
b. technical, human, and conceptual
c. interpersonal, informational and decisional
d. conceptual, communication and networking
e. human, informational and communication
4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
Human Resources Management
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do?
a. observe human behavior
b. systematize human behavior
c. research human behavior
d. predict human behavior
e. detect human behavior
6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?
7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?
8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at
birth and no amount of experience could alter them.
9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?
10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction?
e. social voice
11) You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction?
e. social voice
12) A group
a. generates positive synergy through coordinated effort
b. generates greater outputs with no increase in inputs
c. is two or more individuals interacting and interdependent
d. engages in collective work that requires joint effort
13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.
14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman’s five stage model of group development?
a. Close relationships are developed.
b. The group demonstrates cohesiveness.
c. Intragroup conflict often occurs.
d. Groups disband.
15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following:
a. role conflict
b. role expectation
c. role perception
d. psychological conflict
16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans?
none of the above
17) Which statement regarding leadership is true?
All leaders are managers.
Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively.
All managers are leaders.
All leaders are hierarchically superior to followers.
Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.
18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model?
a. job requirements, position power, and leadership ability
b. charisma, influence, and leader-member relations
c. leader-member relations, task structure, and position power
d. task structure, leadership ability, and group conflict
e. emotional intelligence, group orientation, and employee status
19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called _____ theory.
b. cognitive resource
d. leadership recognition
e. cognitive dissonance
20) Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful?
21) According the Path-Goal Theory, what leader is friendly and shows concern for the needs of followers?
the achievement-oriented leader
the directive leader
the laissez-faire leader
the participative leader
the supportive leader
22) Phrases such as “more cultural diversity,” “many new entrants with inadequate skills,” and “increase in professionals” are all examples of what force for change?
b. world politics
c. nature of the work force
d. social trends
23) What is a goal of planned change?
a. to change the forces of change
b. to alter the agents of change
c. to change employees’ responsibilities
d. to improve the ability to adapt to the environment
e. to alter the employees’ environment
24) Using covert influence to overcome resistance to change is called what?
25) If individuals resisting change are included in making change decisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is this approach is called?
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of organizational control?
a. Formality orientation
b. Decision orientation
c. Team orientation
d. Managerial orientation
27) What term describes the key characteristic of organizational control that addresses the degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision?
a. accuracy orientation
c. attention to detail
28) Power is
a. a means for leaders to achieve goals
b. defined by leaders’ hopes and aspirations
c. a goal in and of itself
d. not an influence on leaders’ goals
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.