The three principal levels within a business organization hierarchy are:
senior management, middle management, and operational management.
senior management, middle management, and service workers.
senior management, operational management, and information systems.
senior management, operational management, and service workers.
12. Which main business function is responsible for maintaining employee records?
Manufacturing and production
Sales and marketing
Finance and accounting
13. A managerial element in the UPS tracking system described in the chapter is:
the decision to use automation.
in-house package tracking software.
providing package status reports to customers.
14. An example of a collaboration tool that supports colocated, asynchronous collaboration is:
a team room.
a wall display.
15. Identifying customers is a responsibility of the function.
hu man resources
manufacturing and production
sales and marketing
finance and accounting
Which type of system wouId you use to forecast the return on investment if you used new suppliers with better delivery track records?
17. Which systems often deliver information to senior executives through a portal, which uses a Web interface to present integrated personalized business content?
Transaction processi ng systems
Executive support systems
Management information systems
18. are designed to support organization-wide process coordination and integration.
Enterprise appl ications
Management information systems
19. The CPO is responsible for:
enforci ng the firm’s information security pol icy.
overseeing the use of information technology in the firm.
making better use of existing knowledge in organizational and management processes.
ensuring that the company complies with existing data privacy laws.
20. Which of the following roles falls into the duties of an information systems manager?
Writing software instructions for computers
Translating business problems into information requirements
Managing data entry staff
Acting as liaison between the information systems group and the rest of the organization
21. An example of a professional bureaucracy is a:
mid-size manufacturing firm.
small startup firm.
The model is used to describe the interaction of external forces that affect an organization’s strategy and ability to compete.
23. Which of the following industries has a low barrier to entry?
24. Internet technology:
makes it easy to sustai n operational advantages.
imposes a significant cost of entry, due to infrastructure requirements.
makes it easy for rivals to compete on price alone.
increases the difference between competitors because of the wide availability of information.
25. The most successful solutions or methods for achieving a business objective are called:
Multiple Choice Questions (Enter your answers on the enclosed answer sheet)
1. The feature of social institutions that means mechanisms are in place to determine responsibility for an action is called:
the judicial system.
the courts of appeal.
2. According to the I you should take the action that produces the least harm.
Uti I itarian Pri nciple
Risk Aversion Principle
A(n) model of informed consent permits the collection of personal information until the consumer specifically requests that the data not be collected.
4. The Online Privacy Alliance:
has established technical guidelines for ensuring privacy.
is a government agency regulating the use of customer information.
protects user privacy during interactions with Web sites.
encourages self-regulation to develop a set of privacy guidelines for its members.
5. Intellectual property can best be described as:
tangible or intangible property created from a unique idea.
unique creative work or ideas.
intangible property created by individuals or corporations.
the expression of an intangible idea.
6. One of the difficulties of patent protection is:
that only the underlying ideas are protected.
digital media cannot be patented.
the years of waiting to receive it.
preventing the ideas from falling into public domain.
In general, it is very difficult to hold software producers liable for their software products when those products are considered to be:
part of a machine.
similar to books.
8. Two of the three principal sources of poor system performance are:
hardware or facility failures and malware.
hardware or facility failures and poor input data quality.
poor input data quality and insufficient integration with legacy systems.
software bugs and errors and outdated standards.
9. can be induced by tens of thousands of repetitions under low-impact loads.
10. In a multi-tiered network:
processing is handled by multiple, geographically remote clients.
processing is split between clients and servers.
the work of the entire network is centralized.
the work of the entire network is balanced over several levels of servers.
11. Software that manages the resources of the computer is called:
data management software.
operating system software.
An industry-wide effort to develop systems that can configure, optimize, tune, and heal themselves when broken, and protect themselves from outside intruders and self-destruction is called:
Sets of loosely coupled software components that exchange information with each other using standard Web communication standards and languages are referred to as:
14. are created by combining and customizing components from different online software appl ications.
15. Hardware and software acquisition costs account for about percent of TeO.
The confusion created by makes it difficult for companies to create customer relationship management, supply chain management. or enterprise systems that integrate data from different sources.
batch processi ng
17. In a relational database, the three basic operations used to develop useful sets of data are:
select, project, and where.
select, from, and join.
select, project, and join.
select, join, and where.
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.