Accounting Business Report
Using the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports you generated in Question 1, prepare a report to analyse the financial position, financial performance, and overall financial health of your company. You are also encouraged to draw upon your knowledge from ACC100 regarding financial statement analysis and financial statement ratios.
Your report must:
- be addressed to your subject coordinator/lecturer.
- explain the purpose of the Balance Sheet report and why it is useful.
- explain the purpose of the Profit and Loss report and why it is useful.
- provide an overview of the financial position, financial performance, and general financial health of your company.
- cite relevant sources and include a reference list, using APA referencing.
Your report must be no longer than 700 (+/- 10%) words. It must include an executive summary (not included in the word limit). Please use appropriate referencing for your sources (APA style). You are encouraged to demonstrate good quality research beyond your textbook.
Question 2 is required to be included in a report format and must include (in this order);
- a report cover page addressed to your desired audience. This is different to an assignment cover page which can be included before the report cover page;
- an executive summary (refer to the note below);
- table of contents (linked to the headings in your report);
- headings and subheadings, clearly identifying what is being discussed;
- a conclusion, including recommendations as required; and
- referencing (using APA Style).
Note: an Executive Summary is not an introduction. An Executive Summary is an overview of an entire report, including recommendations, and should be no longer than one (1) page in length. This may be the only page read by busy managers.