It is essential to the success of your simulation experience that everyone is prepared. You will discuss your answers to the following questions during pre-briefing. This is an individual assignment to be submitted in your course on Brightspace and must be printed or available via phone/tablet as your “ticket” to enter the simulation center. You must have this completed assignment with you to participate in simulation.
Course textbook, UpToDate, and stroke.nih.gov. (UpToDate is available through the library website databases.)
|Ticket to Enter|
1) Describe the pathophysiology of Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA). What are the signs and symptoms?
2) List possible risk factors for stroke.
3) Describe the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS).
4) Research the possible medications for treating an acute stroke and identify contraindications for thrombolytic therapy.
5) Describe “permissive hypertension.”
6) Research the pharmacology of intravenous Labetalol. What would be the indicated use of this medication for the acute stroke patient? (Hint: BP parameters)
7) Name three nursing diagnoses and related interventions specific to the care of the stroke patient.
8) What signs and symptoms may alert the nurse that the stroke patient might have difficulty swallowing and is therefore at risk for aspiration? Should nurses assess all stroke patients for swallowing ability?
9) Identify at least four interdisciplinary team members involved in the care of stroke patients. (Consider acute and long-term care)
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.