Due Week 7 and worth 250 pointsRefer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce
- Analyze at least two (2) laws or two (2) court decisions that have implications to the agency’s personnel management. (Title this section “Laws Affecting the Agency”)
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to LGBTQ issues, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”)
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to ethics and diversity training programs provided for new and existing employees, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section “Ethics and Diversity Training”)
- Recommend at least two (2) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a diversified workforce. (Title this section “Recommendations for Recruiting and Training a Diversified Workforce”)
- Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Visit the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu to conduct research.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the major components of the public personnel management system