Answer all questions fully. Answers shall summarize the requested information in a readable format where applicable. Fully cite your source of information at the beginning of the assignment, then explain in your own words the requested information as applicable. All work must be your own, sharing of work is a violation of academic integrity. Neatness (spelling, grammar and appearance) counts.
Short Answer (1 point)
1. List the four classes of fire.
2. Fire is the rapid _________ of a material, accompanied by the evolution of heat and light.
3. What are the three legs of the fire triangle and the four sides of the fire tetrahedron?
4.The difference between the operating temperature of a sprinkler head and the actual air temperature when the head operates is called _________.
5. List three areas in which sprinkler heads may be omitted in buildings equipped with sprinkler systems designed under the NFPA 13R standard.
6. List the four basic types of sprinkler systems.
7. ESFR sprinkler system stands for _____________.
8. List two changes in the commercial cooking process that led to the development of the UL-300 Standard.
9. List the three elements of the means of egress.
10. In which of the elements of the means of egress is travel distance regulated?
11. Where exit stairs serve multiple floors, how is the stairway capacity determined?
12. Main exits from assembly buildings (presumed to have a large occupant load) must be capable of accommodating _______ of the total occupant load.
13. All the model building codes require that a __________________ be installed within 10 feet of every revolving door.
14. Calculate the occupant load for a simple 300 ft. x 200 ft. business occupancy building.
Extra Credit (up to 2 points)
1. Determine the number of exits and exit capacity required for the building in question 14.
Discussion Questions (2 points)
1. A restaurant owner calls you to question the action of a fire equipment service company that attached a noncompliance tag to his range hood suppression system. They informed him that his system did not comply with the UL-300 standard, and must be replaced. He informs you that since he fries very little, he is using the original cooking equipment from 1986, when the system was approved.
a. Must he install a new extinguishing system?
b. If not, in what circumstances would a new system be required?
2. You receive a call from the building inspector. He advises that a contractor has connected an underground fire main without flushing the system. The building is equipped with a standpipe and sprinkler system. The contractor proposes flushing the system with a 2 1/2″ hose line from the top standpipe outlet and flowing off the roof.
a. Is this an acceptable method of flushing the system?
b. How should the system have been flushed?
3. The IBC and the legacy model codes limit the distance the building occupants must traverse before entering a protected passageway or exiting the building.
a. Why is the length of travel within the exit not regulated?
b. Describe which building code provisions are designed to address this issue in covered mall buildings and high-rises.
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.