With the topic that you have chosen (1, 7, or 14). (A Topic Proposal for Your Essay), you are to answer the six questions pertaining to your essay topic choice. This assignment is worth 100 points.
Now you are ready to write the argumentative essay. Chapter 10 entails a supplementary amount of information that you should have read by now. On page 305, a sample student essay is given for you. Your essay should be in the following format:
- Title (Your title should be unique and not the same as the topic)
- Header (Last name and page number in upper right corner)
- Your introduction paragraph should have a thesis statement that clearly states your stance on the argument (whether you agree or disagree).
- Three body paragraphs. In the first two body paragraphs, you should support your opinion. In the third body paragraph, support the opposing argument (identify what people who do not agree would say about the argument).
- Your concluding paragraph should close your essay.
All paragraphs should be at least 5-7 sentences, 12 font, Times New Roman and double spaced). A sample MLA essay is on page 412 (please use that format).
NO OUTSIDE SOURCES NEEDED! This essay should be your opinions only. I do check for plagiarism. You will be given two weeks to complete this assignment.