Directions: Please answer the following short response questions. Each question should have a 6 to 8 sentence paragraph response. Remember to support your work with APA references and in-text citations. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines.
1. Describe the basic principles of family systems therapy. In your description, be sure to define the concepts of circular causality, cybernetics, homeostasis, and feedback loops.
2. Describe two techniques of family systems therapy that correctional counselors can utilize. Also, can you think of situations in which these techniques may not be useful?
3. Describe the essence of structural family therapy. Provide an example of when this type of therapy may be particularly useful and why.
4. What is Bowenian family systems therapy? What are the central tenets of this system of therapy? How is this system different from other family system therapies?
5. Why is it important to identify and use an offenderâ€™s support system within the counseling process? Describe some of the advantages of doing so. Also, are there times where this may not be a good idea? Why or why not?
6. Discuss the concept of active listening. Why is active listening so important in the group process?
7. Discuss the importance of modeling.
8. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of group counseling. In your opinion, what is the most significant disadvantage to group counseling? How would you work to overcome this disadvantage?
9. Explain why proper preparation of all group members is so important?
10. Explain why cultural differences should be explored within the group?
PART II: CASE STUDY
Directions: Discuss your knowledge of this Module by developing a case study of an offender and his or her family dynamic that could present as a correctional counseling client. This case study should include a short background of the offenderâ€™s cultural identity, socio-economic status, and family portrait. The case study should be at least 500 words.
From this case study, implement a family system counseling approach. In 2-3 pages, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the family approach with this client. Apply group counseling techniques to your case study. Discuss the issues this offender may face based on cultural background in the group therapy setting.
Your final document should be at least 2-3 pages and adhere to APA standards, including in text citations. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines.
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.