MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS continued:
48. Rand offers Quade the amount of a down payment of a house if Quade marries Rand’s daughter Pepper. This promise is enforceable
a. only if it is in writing.
b. only if the price of the house includes the land.
c. only if Pepper agrees to marry Quade.
d. under no circumstances.
49. Gia orally promises Heck that she will buy his fishing trawler. For this promise to be enforceable under the doctrine of promissory estoppel
a. the trawler must be considered a customized good.
b. Heck must act in reliance on Gia’s promise to his detriment.
c. Gia’s promise must be in writing.
d. the parties must stop promising until the deal is transacted.
50. Nutrition Services, LLC and Oneida’s Catering & Cafe Supply Company sign a written contract that does not involve a sale of goods. To be enforceable, the writing must include
a. a correct title, such as “Service Contract.”
b. all essential and non-essential terms.
c. a statement of the consideration.
d. a description of the parties’ businesses.
51. Dotty tells a representative of Education Loan Company over the phone that she will pay Felipe’s student loan if he does not. Dotty does not get any personal benefit for the promise This promise is enforceable as a contract by
b. Education Loan Company.
c. any interested third party, such as Felipe or a member of his family.
d. none of the choices.
52. Beta Grocers orders by phone twenty cartons of canned beets from Carotene Food Packers, Inc. After ten cartons are delivered and accepted, Beta repudiates the contract. Carotene can enforce the contract to
a. any extent because the order was placed orally.
b. no extent because the order was placed orally.
c. the extent of the ten accepted cartons.
d. the extent of the twenty ordered cartons.
Get Finance homework help today.