A. EDLP reduces the retailer operating expenses because employees don’t have to spend time continually making price changes.
C. Employees provide less customer service because of the sale-stimulated throngs of people.
D. The stable prices caused by EDLP require the use of more weekly advertising.
2. For most of the past century, Sears enjoyed the success
of Craftsman brand tools. Since Sears communicates the brand’s durability through advertisement, performance and guarantees, Craftsman is the leading brand of choice for consumers interested in purchasing tools. Which of the following statements best describes Sears’ communication program?
A. Advertising alone was the strategy for Craftsman’s success.
B. Sears created a short-term objective of increasing sales.
C. Positive publicity single-handedly lifted Sears out of the marketing slump it had been experiencing for the past decade.
D. Sears created and maintained a long-term communication program about the Craftsman brand.
3. The multiattribute analysis method uses a weighted average to
A. assess transportation costs.
B. evaluate vendors.
C. determine inventory needs.
D. determine the best discount methodology.
4. Sports Authority anticipates running a print advertisement campaign during the beginning of the year in support of customer’s anticipated New Year’s resolutions to get in physical shape. Sports Authority asks their key vendors to partner with them in covering the
expenses of the ad campaign. Vendors agree to support the _______ as long as they are certain that their products will be featured in the advertisements.
A. spot promotion
B. partnering promotions
C. double pocket promotion
D. co-op advertising
5. How do buying staple merchandise categories differ from buying fashion merchandise categories?
A. The staples buying system requires more experienced buyers.
B. Monitoring sales and generating replacement orders with continuous replenishment is used for staple merchandise.C. Standard statistical techniques are used when buying fashion merchandise categories.
D. Buyers forecast sales at the category level for staple merchandise.
6. Janessa prefers high-end cosmetics but also likes a good deal. She only purchases her make-up at department stores when they have a gift with purchase. Today she saw at Macy’s that if she buys $35 worth of Lancôme cosmetics she would receive a gift with purchase. This gift with purchase is a form of what kind of sales promotion?
A. Special event
7. Best Buy originally priced a private-label portable DVD player at $99, and then sold 1,200 units per week. After raising the price to $120, sales dropped to 1,000 units per week. What would the item’s price elasticity be?
8. The retail price of a sweater is $75 and the initial markup is 51 percent. Calculate the cost of the product.
9. Andrea wants to build top of the mind awareness for her nail shop. The best way for her to develop this awareness would be to
A. teach nail design classes.
B. offer better customer service and good publicity will
C. repeatedly expose customers to the name of the shop
D. partner with her vendors to bring great merchandise into
10. When marketers will ask questions and seek options of
consumers about products from a group of
teenagers, this would be an example of a/an
A. focus group.
B. mall intercept participant.
C. source of secondary information.
D. on-site surveying tool.
11. Which of the following analyses compares actual to
planned sales so buyers know to buy more
merchandise or markdown existing merchandise?
A. GMROIB. Inventory turnover analysis
C. ABC analysis
D. Sell-through analysis
12. Which of the following statements does not describe the
approach that deals with cycle (base) stock?
A. One approach for reducing the base stock is to reorder
and receive merchandise from the vendor more often.
B. Shorter delivery time from the vendor will reduce the
level of base stock.
C. More frequent orderings with smaller quantities will
reduce transportation costs.
D. A retailer tries to reduce the base stock to keep its
inventory investment low.
13. Which of the following is not descriptive of a trade
A. Buyers review performance of the vendor during the
B. Vendors have celebrities at their booth to promote their
merchandise and attract buyers.
C. Buyers meet with manufacturer executives to discuss
strategies to grow their business.
D. The public is encouraged to attend and check out the new
products that will soon be offered at retail.
14. The merchandise cost from the vendor for an MP3 player
is $82.50, and the retailer who is selling the
device wants to use an initial markup percentage of 67
percent. Calculate the initial retail price.
15. Which of the following factors does not contribute to
the increase of buffer stock level?
A. Long lead time for delivery from the vendor
B. Frequent store deliveries
C. Fluctuations in vendor lead time
D. High fluctuations in demand
16. Which of the following statements about the merchandise
classification scheme is false?
A. The highest classification level is the merchandise
B. A Stocking-Keeping Unit (SKU) is the smallest unit
available for inventory control.
C. In soft goods, a SKU usually means a particular size,
color, and style.
D. A SKU is the basic unit of analysis for making
merchandising management decisions.
17. Frankie is a buyer for a department store and is buying
some handbags at a cost of $30 from a vendor.
He desires to have a 60 percent markup to meet the financial
goals of this category. What will the retail
price be of these handbags?
End of exam
18. What is the first step in merchandise management
A. Develop a business plan
B. Developing a forecast for sales
C. Determine the appropriate inventory levels
D. Execution of the plan
19. The _______ is a method of rank-ordering SKUs based on
performance measures, to make inventory
A. sell-through analysis
B. inventory turnover ranking
C. product rating system
D. ABC analysis
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.