Illegal immigration is currently a major concern in the United States. Discuss discriminatory practices that affect the undocumented in the United States and the positive and/or negative consequences of illegal immigration on the undocumented and on society at large.
Include in your Essay discussion:
- Historical References to the social injustice
- The Institution that perpetuates the injustice
- The minority group most affected by the injustice
- The negative outcomes or personal consequences suffered by those who are targeted
- The cost/s of this injustice to society (financial, loss of human capital/resources)
- Solutions or alternatives to the problem/s that you have identified: new policies, legislation, social movements, public opinion
Students will be required to submit a 5-6-page essay on their selected topic. They must use at least 3 recent scholarly sources as explained on page 21 of the Hacker and Sommers Manual. You may use government websites in addition to their scholarly sources to quote statistics. All sources must be cited in-text and students must submit a separate reference list.
- The APA Manual of Style required for this course will be the only APA source used to grade this assignment.
- All written work is to be typed using 12 font, one inch margins and double spacing.
- Please utilize grammar and spell check before submitting your paper.
- You must submit an electronic copy to Turnitin on or before the due date.
Students are permitted to draw upon research papers that they have submitted in previous course work. Prior work can be used as a foundation to build their new research project. Turnitin will determine how much of the paper is new material and how much is from former work. More than 50% of prior work is unacceptable.
- Please note that an essay is a continuous flowing paper.
- Your writing should reflect a sequential thought process.
- There are no section headers or sub-section headers in an essay.
- Follow the format instructions for the Analytical Essay on pages 69-73 of the Hacker and Sommers required manual of style. No other format will be accepted.