• Review Chapter 2 in the course text, Introduction to Forensic Psychology: Research and Application. Consider the internal and external contexts of police work. Focus on the various roles that a forensic psychology professional can perform in both internal and external contexts related to police work.
• Review the assigned chapters from Psychology and Policing.
Note the information on contextual situations related to aggression, violence, and the interviewing of witnesses and suspects. Think about the roles that forensic psychology professionals could perform in each context, and consider how they could impact police professionals in these contexts.
• Review the article, “A Psychological Force Behind the Force,” including the sub pages. Think about forensic psychology professional roles that can influence the internal and external contexts of police work.
• Select two roles that forensic psychology professionals may have when working with police.
• Think about the ways in which forensic psychology professionals impact police work in both internal and external contexts.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief description of two forensic psychology professional roles. Then, analyze the impact of each role in both an internal context (i.e., within the police department) and an external context (i.e., outside the police department—n eighborhoods, schools, etc.). Be specific and provide examples. Support your analysis with references to the Learning Resources.