Deploy and Administer Windows Server 2016
The Portfolio Project is due at the end of Week 8—the last week and module of the course. This assignment is a means for students to display their mastery of the material, and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from ITS405.
Create a detailed, organized, and unified technical solution given a scenario described in the document Portfolio Project Scenario linked inside module 8 folder.
Your solution should draw on the content presented in the course. The outline below lists points/topics to cover. You are free to provide additional, related information.
Provide technical and justification reasons for each choice, citing resources as appropriate. Provide rough estimates of scheduling and manpower required for deploying your solution. You may summarize the schedule and manpower at the end of the document, or include it separately for each section.
The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
Your solution should cover the following four numbered areas and associated bulleted items listed under each:
- Deployment and Server Editions
- How many total servers are needed? Which roles will be combined?
- Which edition of Windows Server will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Data)?
- Should servers be virtualized using Hyper-V?
- Where will each of the servers be located (which of the two sites)?
- How will the servers be deployed?
- DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name[s] chosen split DNS for internet/intranet, zones)
- How will DNS be handled for the second site?
- Active Directory
- Number of AD domains and names of those domains
- Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
- How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
- File and Printer Sharing
- What shares might be needed? (Consider some of the reasoning supplied in the relevant chapter of the textbook.)
- How will quotas/FSRM be configured? (Consider all aspects, such as thresholds, altering, file screens, and reporting.)
- Will a DFS namespace be implemented?
Your submission will:
- Be in written format, 6-8 pages in length (not counting diagrams).
- Include at least one diagram illustrating your chosen Active Directory design with DNS namespace hierarchy.
- Cite and discuss no fewer than three credible sources, other than course readings and media. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these sources.
Document formatting and citations should conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Submit your project from the Module 8 Assignments page.