Lead And Manage Team Effectiveness
This is an individual assessment. You are required to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for establishing a team performance plan. If you need help understanding any questions, ask your assessor to explain. In response to a simulated business scenario, you will build a work team, help assign responsibilities for a team project, develop a performance plan, and support team members to carry out assigned responsibilities. You will develop and propose strategies to ensure each team member participates in the project planning and develops policies and procedures for carrying out teamwork.
- Review the simulated workplace information for Apparel Brands Pty Ltd in Appendix 1.
- In consultation with your assessor:
- form a team
- agree to meet to discuss team objectives and develop performance plans for each team member.
- Prepare to work with your team and complete the following:
- Consider several strategies to ensure each team member has input into the planning process.
- Consider several ideas for policies to ensure team members take responsibility for own work.
- Consider team goals and how team can achieve goals.
- Consider strategies for gaining consensus among your team.
- Consider group behaviour and how best to present your ideas and work effectively within the group.
- Review the third-party report in Appendix 3 to ensure that you are familiar with the team performance expectations.
- Prepare to take notes to provide evidence of team meeting.
- In team meeting, consult to establish ground rules for teamwork:
- propose and agree on strategies for ensuring participation of team members
- develop policy and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work; these should contain ground rules for group work to ensure fairness and high performance.
- Discuss and determine team goals and how goals can be achieved.
- Referring to the task requirements in Appendix 1, assign and agree on responsibilities to achieve team goals:
- Determine outcomes, outputs and KPIs for each team member – for example, determine agreed responsibilities, quality standards and how performance quality or achievement of tasks will be measured, i.e. number of pages of research, number of network contacts, number of credible sources, hours spent on research, number of coaching sessions conducted to improve performance of other team members, number of inputs into team meetings.
- Ensure work is fairly distributed among team members.
- Determine and agree on specific duties to support team members with assigned responsibilities.
- Using the template provided in Appendix 2, develop an individual performance plan in consultation with your team to help achieve team goals:
- Include your support duties in your individual performance plan.
- Your performance plan should be at least three pages long.
Note: Together, all individual performance plans must achieve all team goals.
- Ensure each team member completes the third-party report, included in Appendix 3, to provide evidence on your team performance.
- Meet with your assessor to discuss your participation in team activities.
- Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.