Negotiation Planning Guide
For the Project, you will create a negotiation planning guide for an organization to implement. In your planning guide, you will explain the ten-step planning process:
1. Define the negotiating goal
2. List the major issues in the negotiation related to achieving the goal
3. Define their relative importance of each issue, and define the bargaining mix
4. Define the interests
5. Define the alternatives (BATHAs)
6. Define your limits, including a resistance point
7. Describe your understanding of the other party’s goals, issues, and resistance points
8. Set your targets and opening bid
9. Assess the social context of the negotiation
10. Outline how you will present the issues to the other party: what to say and how to say it
Within your project, include the following:
§ An introduction explaining the importance of planning goals and strategies during the negotiation process and a description of the difference between goals and strategies.
§ A planning guide that includes an explanation of each step in the planning, as well as a real-world example of how the step is applied. This example can be something you have witnessed, researched, or an original idea and should assist the organization in understanding how to implement this plan.
Your plan must be a minimum of 750 words or three pages in length (not including the title page and reference page). Within your plan, please label each step for clarity. Feel free to be creative, but keep in mind that an organization will be following your descriptions. Remember to cite and reference all outside sources used.