Please watch the Congress video, review the text, and respond to the questions below:
After completing the questions, you will be posting your responses as your initial discussion post. This initial post is due no later than Friday at 11:59pm. Students may NOT edit initial posts once posted. Discussion scores will be based on the original post.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 8 lines in length and be written in sentences (rather than just listing the letter, or a short phrase).
Before Sunday 11:59pm, please respond to two other classmates’ initial posts (not follow-up posts) for Question #5, Part 2, with meaningful responses that address the substance of their post. Each of these follow-up posts should be a minimum of 4 lines in length.
1. What type of service was former Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia talking about in this excerpt from a speech at Marshall University?
c. Pork-barrel legislator
2. Which feature of congressional behavior is most evident in these remarks from former Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia?
a. Distributive tendency
b. Party discipline
d. Agency loss
3. The committee system of Congress features a set of organizational principles. Which one is most likely the root of the former West Virginia senator Byrd’s success in securing funding for his state?
b. Gatekeeping authority
4. In addition to the service activity performed by Senator Byrd, as illustrated in the video, identify/describe other forms of service activities that legislators perform for their constituents that are discussed in the text.
5. Former West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd highlights the length of time he spent on Capitol Hill. How does experience, or seniority, work in Congress, and how might it lead to success in the types of activities Byrd is describing here?
Part 2. Do you think this is a positive attribute of Congress? Why or why not? (You could also organize this into a pro/con of seniority system.)
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.