Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1
- Minimum of 3 outside scholarly sources
The textbook reading for the week explores social forces that can affect the seemingly private act of suicide. For this assignment, conduct scholarly research on a different private or individualistic act that could be regarded as a broader social problem or social issue, something other than suicide. You may choose one of the following or a topic of your own:
- Veteran homelessness
- Domestic violence
In an essay, address the following:
- Determine how the sociological imagination can help understand that problem.
- Compare and contrast that research with the textbook’s explanation of ways sociologists apply the sociological imagination to understand a problem.
Your paper must contain scholarly support in the form of quotes or paraphrases with respective citations from assigned reading (the textbook/lesson) and the outside scholarly sources that you identify on your own.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 2-3 pages (not including references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Running header in the upper left of all pages
- Page number in the upper right of all pages
- Parenthetical in-text citations included and formatted in APA style
- References page (minimum of 3 outside scholarly sources plus the textbook/lesson)
- Title page not required
This activity will be graded based on the Essay (W1) Grading Rubric.