Potential Utrum Topics:
Here are a few of the more obvious philosophical problems that you might find interesting. In
each, the Utrum statement is clear and something that can be written about given the word-
requirement and -limit of the Utrum.
Whether or not it is the case that…
1) we are morally required to attempt to end world poverty.
2) torture is morally permissible (or required) under certain circumstances.
3) emotions are necessary for performing morally praiseworthy actions.
4) terrorism can be morally justified.
5) there is no morally relevant features distinguishing terrorism and conventional war.
6) consequences are necessary (and/or sufficient) for an action being morally praiseworthy.
7) capital punishment is morally permissible.
8) impartiality is a requirement of morally praiseworthy activity.
9) citizens should have a right to own guns.
10) altruistic behavior is possible.
You should feel free to combine or modify any of these, or create your own issue or problem.