b. leading and lagging strands,
c. replication fork,
d. replication origin,
e. template, semi-conservative method
2. List the DNA purine and pyrimidine bases.
3. In which chemical direction does replication occur?
4. Where in the cell does replication occur?
5. DNA nucleotide: phosphate + sugar + N-base
Name the sugar used in DNA.
List the four N-bases that are used in DNA.
6. Approximately, how much time is required for replication to
7. Typically, how many replication origins are formed in:
8. In replication, what do the following enzymes do?
b. single-strand binding proteins
c. DNA polymerases
d. DNA ligase
9. What are Okazaki fragments?
What is the length (# of nucleotides) of these fragments?
What enzyme joins these fragments together?
10. Understand the replication process.
11. Describe work done by:
James Watson and Francis Crick.
Chargaff (Chargaff’s rule).
Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkins
12. Replicate: 5’
b. reverse transcription,
c. reverse transcriptase,
d. RNA polymerases,
e. codon and anticodon,
f. sense and nonsense codons,
g. terminator and promotor regions,
h. transcription unit, polyribosome
2. List the RNA purine and pyrimidine bases.
3. In which chemical direction do the following occur?
4. Describe the major types of cellular RNA.
d. snRNA (in eukaryotes only)
5. List the start codon and the amino acid it codes for.
List the three stop (nonsense) codons.
6. Where in the cell do transcription and translation occur in
7. RNA nucleotide: phosphate + sugar + N-base
Name the sugar used in RNA.
List the four N-bases that are used in RNA.
8. Before translation occurs in eukaryotic cells, the pre-mRNA
must be processed to form the mRNA. Understand the process.
What are introns and exons?
9. In the priming process:
a. what is a primer?
b. what function does primase serve?
10. Why are RNA polymerases considered more versatile than
11. Understand the three stages of translation:
12. What are the two subunits of a ribosome?
13. Explain the wobble concept.
Adenine can be modified into inosine (I) and carried by __RNA.
Inosine can bind to ____, ____, or ____.
14. Explain, :redundancy of the code."
15. Transcribe and translate: 5’
16. compare: mutation, mutagens, mutagenesis
17. Describe the following ways in which eukaryotes can
acquire new genotypes.
18. Describe the following ways in which prokaryotes can
acquire new genotypes.
19. Describe the following types of mutations:
a. base substitution
1. nonsense mutation
2. missense mutation
3. neutral mutation
b. deletion and insertion
Why Homework Market
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.